What are the benefits of Better Work for Global Brands?
As well as the benefits of being part of a global programme to improve workers lives and increase the competitiveness of the industry in developing countries, there are a number of direct and practical benefits for buyers of engaging with the Better Work programme:
- No need to carry out your own assessments/audits or develop your own CAPs (Improvement Plans)
- Regular and detailed reports that highlight areas to focus on and progress made (Updated Improvement Plans are included with every Progress Report)
- Coordination with buyers in the same factory: one CAP/Improvement Plan that can be used for all registered buyers to ensure effective use of resources through a coordinated response
- Regular follow-up with all factories by well-trained local staff, under international guidance
- Increased factory capacity and ownership, through the self-assessment tool, factory ownership of a single Improvement Plan etc.
- Management/worker committee established in every factory, responsible for improving compliance and workplace cooperation in a sustainable fashion
- Choice of training programmes tailored for the garment/footwear industry
- Access to all the additional services in each country (see Services below)
- Timely updates on national and factory level laws and issues – e.g. new labour laws, strikes etc.